At John Crane we are looking for Sales & Service Manager - Algeria to lead, direct and control the activities of the business unit so that it achieves its short and long-term financial and operating objectives as set by the overall corporate business plan.
The work environment is typically considered an office environment during normal or extended business hours, with travel requirement locally in Algeria about 30 to 40%.
Duties & Responsibilities
Sales responsibilities will consist of:
- Maintaining and increasing JC market share with key end users.
- Leading, guiding, evaluating, and developing a team to ensure that the local business unit achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Effectively managing relationships with internal and external customers and all other stakeholders.
- Developing a strong customer service culture.
- Visiting customers regularly to maintain relations.
- Promoting of new products, with focus on business solutions and strategic contracts
- Preparing various monthly reports.
- Coordinating the proposals for the of major tenders/RFQ
- Utilizing the agent’s network to good effect to grow the business.
Service responsibilities will consist of:
- Establishing and managing service contracts
- Providing strong technical and service support to all customers.
- Managing the Field Service Engineers to provide support to the end user.
- Liaising with various technical departments in order to provide engineered solutions to the end users.
- Ensureing all activities fully comply with the Health & Safety requirement
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar field
- 10+ years of professional experience in engineering and sales, including sales experience in Algeria
- Oil & Gas and/or rotating equipment experience preferred
- Experience & knowledge of local Oil & Gas market
- Engineering knowledge in a proactive multinational and multicultural environment
- Fluent language skills in English, French and Arabic
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills, proactivity, self-starter
- Ability to write technical, concise reports in a formal and professional manner.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate at the appropriate levels within the customer base.
- Problem solver
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.